Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My D drive is missing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo50

diggiedo50

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

D drive is missing went to disk management cant see a d drive but i see a 0 drive as my recovery drive i try to right click on it an change drive letter wont work does not give me that option.Attached File  Capture.PNG   25.25KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Capture.PNG   25.25KB   1 downloads this is what im looking at in disk management. any help would be great. tyvm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Is D: a separate hard drive or a partition on same disk as C:? If a separate hard drive is it detected your you BIOS/UEFI settings?

#3 diggiedo50

diggiedo50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:40 AM

not sure what you mean sry.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

Download Speccy, run the program, and publish a report. Post the link in your next post.

https://www.piriform.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy/publishing-a-speccy-profile-to-the-web

#5 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

it wont attach files says im not permitted to do so. any help?

#6 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

No need to attach any files here.  Just follow the instructions above from JohnC_21 on how to publish a Speccy report, and then copy/paste the applicable URL into your next forum reply.

Best wishes.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#7 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pIQivRaobfZT2sx1WVppoL8

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Speccy shows a normal partition structure on the hard drive. Is this a laptop with only one hard drive? If the computer has only one drive then the only thing I can think of is your D: drive was your optical driver, correct?

#9 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

No my disk drive was E an i seen a d drive in there to but as i said when i could not do a computer reset or restore or refresh an i did not have the operating disk to recover my operating system so what i did was wipe the drive an thats where i think i deleted my recovery drive.so i used my windows 10 iso image to put windows back in it an thats when i discoverd my d drive was not there.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

I understand now. If you wiped your drive and reinstalled Windows 10 your D: partition is gone. 

I recommend you create your own recovery image to an external drive using programs like Macrium Free or Aomei Backupper. With the bootable media each program creates your can restore your image should the computer no longer boot because of corruption of the file system, malware, or a failed drive. You can also browse the image in order to copy any file from the image.

By creating images at regular intervals you can restore your computer in minutes vs hours. 

Macrium Free

Aomei Backupper

#11 diggiedo50

diggiedo50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

yes thats what i ended up doing tyvm for your help john i appreciate your time.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

No problem, If you have any questions regarding the two programs feel free to post back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users