Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Followed your tutorial through Rkill/EMSISOFT now Firefox, others won't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 muvywriter

muvywriter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

Windows 10, latest update, HP PC a year or so old.   A few hours ago I got hit with another Trojan {the Microsoft-call-me thing, which you guys helped with the last time} but shut down via CTR/ALT/DEL within seconds.  Went to your site, logged in, got the right tutorial, followed it to the point that it called for the download of Rkill and EMSISOFT, which I did even though both of them wanted money so I got the thirty-day trial.  Kept going with your tutorial to the point of rebooting, when the desktop appeared I couldn't start Firefox or a lot of other programs.  I'm on the music room computer now to try and get some help to fix this horror story.  Please, anyone, I've owned a computer since 1980 but don't even know how they work.  I've sent you guys a lot of business because you're so good and wouldn't even ask anyone else.  Thanks.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

Windows 10, latest update, HP PC a year or so old.   A few hours ago I got hit with another Trojan {the Microsoft-call-me thing, which you guys helped with the last time} but shut down via CTR/ALT/DEL within seconds.  Went to your site, logged in, got the right tutorial, followed it to the point that it called for the download of Rkill and EMSISOFT, which I did even though both of them wanted money so I got the thirty-day trial.  Kept going with your tutorial to the point of rebooting, when the desktop appeared I couldn't start Firefox or any other program.  I'm on another computer now to try and get some help to fix this horror story.  Please, anyone, I've owned a computer since 1980 but don't even know how they work.  I've sent you guys a lot of business because you're so good and wouldn't even ask anyone else.  Thanks.

Edit:  None of the desktop will work.  When I click on a program every time I get a little message banner that says something like "something went wrong, we couldn't start your program" or similar depending on the program.  Don't know what to do.  Being seventy years old and gettin' a little slow makes it seem even more of a bad situation.. 

Mod Edit:  Moved from MRL to AII,. no logs - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2016 - 01:53 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

I attempted to assist you 13 months ago. My advice then is the same as today. Please follow the instructions below to start a new topic in

the malware removal forum. The pros in that forum will use tools not allowed in this one....and they know how to use them.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

Edited by buddy215, 01 November 2016 - 05:28 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 muvywriter

muvywriter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

After copying the voluminous file generated by your log-prep instructions I attempted to post the material as a NEW TOPIC but got the following pop-up:  "Your post was too long.  Please go back and shorten it a little."  I don't have a clue how to do that procedure, nor would I know which part of the log was the most insignificant and could be removed.  Would someone please advise me on these subjects?  I've left the process in mid-stride on the other computer while I try to get an answer to this question.  Thanks for any help.  Jason Brooks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

If you have completed a FRST log, per Steps 6-8 of the MRL Preparation Guide...please post that in the MRL forum.

If you followed the directions provided, all you have to do is copy the log and paste into your new topic in Malware Removal Logs.

Alternatively...you can just submit the log as an attachment to your new topic.  The following guidance is provided courtesy of dc3.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the Snipping Tool, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2016 - 09:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users