Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing additional internal speakers into a laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oast

Oast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering how straightforward it would be to install additional internal speakers into a laptop? I've searched online with no luck so thought I would try here. Also is there a website where I can buy quality internal speakers from?

I realise that economically I would be better off purchasing a good set of external speakers but I already have a decent set and would like to boost the sound of the laptop as it is.

Many thanks  :bubbles:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

I am sure that it is not impossible, but that seems like a ton of work!

utl8q0-5.png

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

FWIW.

The idea may seem to have merit on a desktop (which uses external speakers) but it seems that the constrictions of any laptop re space and system design...will prevent anything else actually being installable, IMO.  Laptops are not designed for internal mods.

Louis

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

There is no good way to add an additional internal speaker to most laptops, mainly because there is no room.   Laptops are precision engineered to fit the components into the case, there is very little spare space in most laptops.  Additionally a speaker could introduce issues due to the magnet(s).  About the best you could do would be a laptop cooling pad with speakers.

#5 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

As everyone else had said there may be internal problems due to the magnet(s) and space.

However, if you have a 3D printer with ABS Plastic, you can print a base for your machine with spots for the speakers you want to add. then you would have to figure out how it connects. 

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#6 Oast

Oast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic