Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I am infected and can't seem to figure it out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tombuhn

tombuhn

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

Ok so hopefully I can explain this correctly.

About 3 months ago I start getting 100's of emails in my inbox every day that stated they were un-deliverable, well for one I rarely send out even 1 email a day. I look at the header info and they were being sent from an IP in Russia and they were using Outlook, I use thunderbird, so I thought I had been spoofed. I looked closer at numerous emails and found that some of these emails were not only going to people I did not know but to people that had sent me emails in the past (even though they were not in my address book), so this makes me think either my hosting company got hacked or I have something going on with my Windows 10 PC. So I promptly logged into my hosting account and changed passwords, the issue stop for a couple of weeks but then started back up again, this cycle has been going on for about three months. I had my hosting company change the spf record as well but this has not helped. My Hosting Company says it isn't them. I am to the point of maybe reinstalling Windows but that is days and days of work and tuning but I do not know what else to do. I don't want to get black listed.

I have Windows 10 Pro x64

I am using Thunderbird, latest release

I have scanned my PC With:

Malware Bytes

Rogue Killer

SuperAntiSpyware

Norton Eraser

eSet

McAfee Real Protect

Stinger

Emsisoft emergency Kit

Ran TFC

Ran CCleaner

RootKit Remover

Sophos

Zemana

Reason Core Security

MalwareBytes - Anti Root Kit

HitMan Pro

HiJack this and uploaded log to hijackthis.de

.....and a couple of other programs, but I can't seem to get this spoofing email hacking to stop!

Any Ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

It seems that your pc has a problem or could be infected with malware which is going to take some more work and a deeper look. No sense running a bunch of tools here.
Please follow this Preparation Guide. If have already done a step or you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.
Pease include a link to this thread.

Let me know if all went well.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users