Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Professional's Help Building Pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dantemustdie24

dantemustdie24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:43 PM

even though i've checked a million times that the following are compatible with each other and will work, my parents want professional insight so can anyone help me??? you dont have to be professional actually... just knowledgeable...
I will be building my pc using
GeCube Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB AVIVO Edition
Maxtor / DiamondMax 160GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive
Asus A8V-MX Via Socket 939 MicroATX Motherboard PCI Express x1 / AGP 8x / Serial ATA / RAID
V-Data 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 modules)
Sabrent 8-Channel 7.1 High Performance Surround Sound 3D PCI Sound Card
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939
10-Bay BIO II 20+4 Pin ATX Window Case w 450 watt power supply
i got a keyboard/mouse and lcd but that doesn't matter

THANKS!!!

Edited by dantemustdie24, 23 August 2006 - 09:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

Everything looks like it should work, but PC's are very complex and something strange can happen even if the parts work. I do have one concern though, your motherboard and videocard combination. The mobo you've selected does not have PCI express, which is used on many current video cards as well as up-and-coming ones. This does not pose a problem with the card you've selected, but future upgrades will be problematic. The Asus A8R-MVP paired with GeCube's PCI express version of the card you've selected would be an alternative that costs almost the same and is more upgradable.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users