Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extremely laggy computer after reset

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hello I am new here not sure how things work here but i am hoping someone here could help me fix my problem. I have a few computers and mainly use this one (lenovo G50-45 with Belgian French keyboard). Yesterday I did a reset of the PC and it seems it only made it worse. Google chrome keeps freezing and crashing, everything else i use is really laggy and i don't know what is causing this problem...I thought some problems were the cause of the problem but i dont have any of these programs downloaded after the reset and it is worse than before the reset... If someone could tell me where the problem is coming from and how i can fix it i would really appreciate it. Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mahfuz

mahfuz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

go to safe mode with networking active. download either malwarebytes anti-malware or comodo internet security. update to max and full scan.

#3 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

well what's malwarebytes' use if i did the reset already? shouldnt the reset be enough already? and what do i need to update exactly? how does it help?

#4 mahfuz

mahfuz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

well what's malwarebytes' use if i did the reset already? shouldnt the reset be enough already? and what do i need to update exactly? how does it help?

it is not a reset until you format c: then reinstall windows. after that, the malwares from your other partitions jump in and reinfect. that is where malwarebytes and comodo comes in.

#5 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

oh really? I find it really strange, i had problems because RAM consumption was too high before and that happened after an in place up grade, now i did the reset and i get even more problems....!!! It seems the more i try to fix the pc, the worse it becomes..now you're telling me that my pc is being affected by other partitions? which partitions? I only have c partition and my drive G: is an external hard drive and it is on...I have a lot of cracked programs there but i dont know which one is causing the problems, maybe it is something else, idk....

I am not denying what you said, i just wish i had some feedback from some professionals as well and tell me in details and more accurately what needs to be done since the inplace upgrade made it worse and the reset only made it even worse than it already became.....everything is so slow and laggy....i cant even believe it

#6 mahfuz

mahfuz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:05 AM

oh really? I find it really strange, i had problems because RAM consumption was too high before and that happened after an in place up grade, now i did the reset and i get even more problems....!!! It seems the more i try to fix the pc, the worse it becomes..now you're telling me that my pc is being affected by other partitions? which partitions? I only have c partition and my drive G: is an external hard drive and it is on...I have a lot of cracked programs there but i dont know which one is causing the problems, maybe it is something else, idk....

I am not denying what you said, i just wish i had some feedback from some professionals as well and tell me in details and more accurately what needs to be done since the inplace upgrade made it worse and the reset only made it even worse than it already became.....everything is so slow and laggy....i cant even believe it

who is to say i am not a professional or an expert? to see which services use up most of your power. open task manager during the usage spike, right click on svchost.exe, the one that has high cpu and ram usage, click on go to services.

#7 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

i have many ''service host'' processes but none says service host ''exe''. Well i dont know if you are a professional or not but i can see that you only have 6 posts in the forum 

Edited by pcnoobsdc, 02 November 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#8 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

i think i fixed it, i was doing a scan with windows defender it was slowing everything down, but my pc is not that fast either

#9 techguruswaraj

techguruswaraj

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:49 AM

You mentioned that the RAM consumption is too high in your computer. The culprit here is the malwares/virus. First of all, enter in the Safe Mode with Networking. Now, uninstall any unwanted programs from your windows. In case your PC is infected with Malwares, you'll see unwanted programs or even unnamed programs. Remove them and then install any Anti-Malware program. 

Scan all drives in your computer with the Anti-Malware/Antivirus program and then clean the virus/malwares if found any.

Now, reboot into the normal mode and hopefully you can use your computer without any lag.  

#10 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:01 AM

hello i did get rid of the viruses or malware but i hope they do not come back. But my pc still lags when i type words it lags 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users