Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cnozzz

Cnozzz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

Hello, im looking to upgrade my PC soon since i want to get a 144hz screen and a little more FPS.

Setup:

CPU - AMD Black edition FX6300 3.5GHz 6-core

GPU - Club 3D Radeon R9 270X '14Series

MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2

Powersupply - Corsair CX500

RAM : Corsair vengeance 8GB ddr3

Case : Cooler Master CM Storm Enforcer (Midtower)

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

SSD & Hardrive : 1240 GB total

Im not looking for an overkill PC. But just some upgrades which will allow me to play new games on good fps & quality for a few years.

I asked some friends who said i need to upgrade my CPU for sure. But they don't have as much experience as the guys on this forum i think.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

I recommend waiting until next February when AMD Zen is out. Right now CPU prices are high and Zen should bring something new for that.

Also AMD Vega should be out around same time frame. If nothing else, prices will drop.

So right now only wise option is to wait for couple months. I'm doing same.

#3 Cnozzz

Cnozzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Alright! I will do that, the PC is doing fine for now with the games i'm playing atm.

Thank you very much and i'll probably visit again once those CPU's etc come out!

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Alright! I will do that, the PC is doing fine for now with the games i'm playing atm.

Thank you very much and i'll probably visit again once those CPU's etc come out!

Official Zen launch is on Computex (January 5. 2017 or so), availability February 2017.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users