Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic and Audio Stuttering (Windows 10 Anniversary problem)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Selendile

Selendile

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hello all!  Sorry for the formatting, I copy and pasted my thread from my Steam discussion board; try highlighting to read easier.  I'm trying everywhere to find someone who can help with this. 

First, my specs:

Windows 10 Education (64 bit)
i7-6700K @ 4.00 GHz
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
16 GB RAM

So, I can play games for maybe 0.5-1.5 hours and then I start experienced TERRIBLE graphical and audio stuttering. I should note that both always occur. I don't SOMETIMES get one or the other. After an hour, both the visuals and the audio begin stuttering terribly. A few things to note: If I exit the game, wait an hour and relaunch the application, the stuttering persists IMMEDIATELY. I moniter both my GPU and CPU temps and neither get anywhere NEAR dangerous temperatures at any point. Also, if I restart my computer, the problem goes away and I can play a bit before it starts again. 

I've tried:

1.) Clean install of windows 10.
2.) Update ALL drivers (though if someone can link the newest RealTek audio driver I'll give it a shot).
3.) Clean install of GPU driver. (completely removed it, launched in safe mode and reinstalled). 
4.) Running disk cleanup to sort out any problematic files.
5.) Set priority to "High" in task manager. 
6.) Launching game in Win7/8 compatibility mode. 

7.) Running ReImage to fix the problem. 

Also related: This doesn't happen with all games. In fact, I can play Dark Souls 2, 3 for HOURS straight with no problem at all. Same with Guild Wars 2. No problems, no stutters, nothing.

But other games I've tried: Skyrim (Enhanced Edition), Dying Light, Evil Within...the problem manifests. 

PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great. This is KILLING me. I can't fix it, and it renders my entire machine nearly useless. 

Thanks in advance,

- Rich

Edited by Selendile, 31 October 2016 - 07:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users