Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Massive amount of "other files" on a brand new laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 icantthinkofanything

icantthinkofanything

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hi,

I've bought an Asus E200HA as a secondary laptop. It has a 32GB eMMC drive, so I'm trying to free up as much space as possible. However, out of the box, it came with about 4GB of "other" files (I assume that's what it's called in the storage menu in English, I'm using a different language version). After installing the Anniversary Update, it grew to more than 5 GB (I don't think it's old Windows files or temporary files, as I've deleted that already). What is strange is that when I open the "other files" in the Storage menu, the largest folder in there is the 542MB ESD folder and then the next largest is 33,22MB (at least I assume that's the way it works... it only shows the biggest files, doesn't it?). So apparently it's just lots of small folders. Is it supposed to be like that? Do I actually need those files? If not, how can I remove them?

Best regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users