Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything suddenly larger in Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blondeandconfused

blondeandconfused

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

I woke up one morning last week and booted up my computer (running Windows 7) and when I opened Chrome, ALL of my websites were zoomed in like 150%, although Chrome settings says it's at 100%.  Every single site was suddenly very large.  I manually smallered (is that a word?) every site I usually visit as I visited them.  This is the first time I've visited here since it happened and it's like my monitor resolution was turned way down (it's currently at the highest setting) with everything a lot larger than it was before.

I ran the latest version of Malware Bytes and found only two small bits of adware that were basically nothing and deleted them.  I tried to dig a little deeper, but never found anything.  The biggest problem is when I run a Flash program or a video in Full Screen mode, it's almost non-operational from slowness.  I dumped all my cache and cookies and browsing history and I'm about ready to restore Chrome to default settings with all the headaches entailed in that unless someone can tell me what happened and how to fix it.

Firefox seems to be mostly normal sized although I haven't used it much in the last few months.  It's much too slow to run Flash programs and videos.

Maybe there's an even faster web browser than Chrome that isn't so leaky?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blondeandconfused

blondeandconfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

OK, I may have found my answer - this is exactly when this happened. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/adobe-releases-emergency-flash-update-to-resolve-critical-vulnerability/

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hi ,

All I can think of is this .. A normal method to increase or decrease size..

"Hold down CTRL (Control) and scroll your Mouse Wheel towards or away from you" ..

Next, if you still have a problem, hit F11 (from memory) this can cause the writing to go back to normal size, or enlarge it.

From one site - F11 is usually used to enter and exit fullscreen mode in all modern Internet browsers.

Try that also as you may have hit it by mistake while starting up..

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users