Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nic Card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dustbegone

dustbegone

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

:thumbsup: This is driving me nuts! We used the restore disc that came w/ our computer. It just had the OS on it. So I called Emachines, they sent me another disc to use instead. It was supposed to have the OS, drivers, and applications on it. (I would think that it would make my computer like the day we plugged it in) But apparently I need a nic card or something? I've been working on this since last week and we still can't connect to the internet on that computer. That computer would be an Emachines T3410. It's supposed to have a ethernet card in it. Network: 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) But I don't have a clue where to find a driver or whatever to download so I can connect to the internet. I've tried emahines live chat a couple times now. They just try to tell me that I need to follow the steps on the disc. I DID! TWICE and still nothing. I tried to get back on there tonight but it's down. What can I do at this point? I've checked the Device Manager, no network adapter was even listed. I downloaded the Belarac (sp???) and saved it to disc. Used it on the other computer. There is no Network detected on there. I am getting angry now. Can anyone give me an idea of what to do? Do I need to buy a new Network Card or whatever it's called. How do I find something that will work w/ my system if I can't connect on that computer? Help!? Please.

Also.... I think my other computer (the one I'm on now) has the same kind of ethernet card or whatever the heck it's called. Can I copy the driver and install it on my other computer? If yes, how would I go about doing that? This computer is an Emachines T3256

Edited by dustbegone, 23 August 2006 - 08:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

According to what I have found your EMachine has a Realtec NIC. The following drivers should work.
RTL 8139/810x Series
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users