Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Right Click Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beaumonts

Beaumonts

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

have a laptop with Windows 10 on and use a wireless mouse on this and the right click is very very slow.  It works fine on another laptop so i know it's not the mouse.

When i have looked on-line the advice is to change some of the settings with the Registry.  I am a little hesitant to do this and struggling to find an resolve from Microsoft.

Can anybody advise what to do to rectify this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

Could it be one of those fancy many-button mouse which needs its own drivers installed ?

Is the Right-Click from touchpad also slow ?

#3 evfred

evfred

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

I had the same problem when I right-clicked on a file in explorer the computer would take a long time to do anything and explorer said it wasn't responding. I watched a video  and did the chkdsk c: /f /r /x  and it seems to have fixed it. But it is scary, the computer stays on 11% done for a very long time. I started it in the afternoon and let it run for 2 hrs then went to bed and it was done the next morning, don't know how long it took but more than 2 hrs.

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

If you want to edit your reg,just be sure to back it up,then you can always restore if you have problems

If you really dont want to edit the reg you could try ShellExView

http://www.intowindows.com/fix-slow-desktop-right-click-in-windows-10/

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users