Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Occasional stutter in ALL games after windows anniversary update.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Exasmic

Exasmic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:59 AM

Hi, as of the windows anniversary update (or that's when it started, it could be a coincidence), I've been experiencing some micro-stutter (in some games) and huge stutter in others.

I have tried disabling the xbox DVR and a bunch of other anniversary fixes that such as the AHCI. Nothing has helped. I know this is not an issue with my GPU, as I have just purchased a new one and it experiences the same stuttering as my older card (the card was 8 years old). I use MSI after burner and I noticed that the CPU and GPU % ingame is 0% when it's stuttering, but I'm not sure if that's just what happens when a game stutters.

At this point I'm wondering if it's my mobo/cpu/ram/psu.
I can provide my specs if someone wants them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Exasmic, 31 October 2016 - 02:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

The issue could be cause by buggy graphic card driver. Install latest version of the graphic card driver if the latest version already installed on your system then try previous version of graphic card driver. You can also try Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 graphic card driver. 

Posted Image

#3 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

The issue could be cause by buggy graphic card driver. Install latest version of the graphic card driver if the latest version already installed on your system then try previous version of graphic card driver. You can also try Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 graphic card driver. 

Since this was happening with my old GPU (radeon 4800 series) and now with my new RX 480, I highly doubt it's a driver issue at this point. I also tried this. I have the latest drivers currently and tried older ones. 

I'll give some different OS drivers a whirl, though.

#4 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

Nope, older drivers did not help. 

It's not my GPU.

#5 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:40 AM

bump

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hi, as of the windows anniversary update (or that's when it started, it could be a coincidence), I've been experiencing some micro-stutter (in some games) and huge stutter in others.

I have tried disabling the xbox DVR and a bunch of other anniversary fixes that such as the AHCI. Nothing has helped. I know this is not an issue with my GPU, as I have just purchased a new one and it experiences the same stuttering as my older card (the card was 8 years old). I use MSI after burner and I noticed that the CPU and GPU % ingame is 0% when it's stuttering, but I'm not sure if that's just what happens when a game stutters.

In your post you said GPU is not been use to play games if this the case then integrated CPU graphic controller is been use to play your games. Download GPU-Z and see if games you play been rendered by graphic card. 

Posted Image

#7 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

In your post you said GPU is not been use to play games if this the case then integrated CPU graphic controller is been use to play your games. Download GPU-Z and see if games you play been rendered by graphic card. 

No, my GPU is fine. I'm getting 80-100 FPS on battlefield 1 on ultra settings. I just stutter every 10-15 minutes really hard for about 5 seconds.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

To keep a record of your system profile at any given time, you can publish to the Web using Speccy. Speccy uses Piriform's servers to publish the profile without any identifying information. Each profile is given a unique URL. For an example, see:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nGmV1yekiTFbWJJ1oggVwcV

The last part of each URL is randomized, so only people you provide with the URL will be able to find your profile.

Note: Each time you start Speccy, it will generate a new randomized URL. This is useful if you want to track your computer's information over time.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

• In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

• In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

• Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

• In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Posted Image

#9 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:39 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dBkojhlvX3qhBQaVbdwthcR

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Uninstall Avira Antivirus and IObit Malware Fighter to test if issue resolves.
Uninstall Advanced System Care program don't use program like this one as they cause lot more issue than developer claim repairs.
Uinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program you are running more than one virus scanners at same time when you run more than one antivirus program at same time your computer and accessing your files, programs and even playing games can slow down.
Update Intel HD Graphics driver you can download the latest version of the driver from Intel website.
The Hitachi hard drive failing backup your personal files from Hitachi hard drive to different storage drive. You should replace the Hitachi hard drive as it can fail any time.

Posted Image

#11 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

Still no luck.

Updated speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LltqSTkrQ215BcQqTi8hbGQ

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

You have not uninstall Avira Antivirus program.

Uninstall  HitmanPro program.

Disconnect Hitachi HDS722516VLSA80 as its dying and could cause issues like Windows Files Explorer freezing etc.

How do I uninstall my Avira Antivirus product?

Edited by FreeBooter, 08 November 2016 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

You have not uninstall Avira Antivirus program.

Uninstall  HitmanPro program.

Disconnect Hitachi HDS722516VLSA80 as its dying and could cause issues like Windows Files Explorer freezing etc.

How do I uninstall my Avira Antivirus product?

I uninstalled avira completely, HitmanPro is always turned after the initial scan and I disabled that harddrive (which I don't use anyway).

The issues still persist :\

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0gYtj8DP0oNwzUUBWuzuTe2

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

HitmanPro still running disabling any antivirus software does not completely stop the antivirus software from having open handles on the NTFS file system etc.
You should uninstall HitmanPro its only way you can be sure its not causing the issue as you can see HitmanPro service still running.
Check out my tutorial see if my suggestions will help resolve issue.

Running: HitmanPro Scheduler

Posted Image

#15 Exasmic

Exasmic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:58 AM

After removing hitmanpro the issue was not resolved. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic