Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Command prompt in windows 10 flashes every now and then

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 optimus_prime123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

Hello everybody, 

Im was using windows 8.1. But from last few days, My PC started acting weird. Command prompt used to launch frequently every minute. At first I thought it might be the malware and I rebooted my system to Windows 10. But it was of no use. The problem still existed. Im not able to concentrate on anything while on system as it keeps on disturbing. I tried several procedures that might kick the problem out but I was unable to complete because there would be something missing. I even thought of removing Prompt but I even failed there too. I run kaspersky 2k16 Anti-Virus and windows defender. Neither of them  find the answer for the issue. I badly want to get this thing off. Its really irritating. Please help me out. 

Thank you, In advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,170 posts
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

Please run sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To open the Command Prompt press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click/tap on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

This will take a while,  have patience and allow it finish.  Stopping this scan could damage files.  

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

Do the following to access the sfc /scannow log.

Open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below followed by pressing the Enter key.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled CBS.   

Please noticeThis log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Double click on this icon to open the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your dropbox account and post the link in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users