Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi not working properly on some devices?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonVito

DonVito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

Yesterday the signal strength on my lapop and phone were really low, so I restarted my router. The signal strength went back to normal but later that night, my laptop kept disconnecting from the wifi and reconnecting every few minutes. But my phone was staying connected and I played on my PS4 for about an hour with no problems but my laptop continued disconnecting and reconnecting. So I restarted my router a couple more times and it got worse. It kept doing the same thing but now when it connects, the speeds are really slow. Going from 1.0 to 5.5 mbps which causes no sites to really load. Then my phone started doing the same thing and my PS4 will no longer connect to the internet.

What else is weird is there are two laptops in the living room, close to the router but still wireless and they are working fine but the blu ray player in the living room wouldn't connect to the internet and neither would the PS3. I'm using my laptop right now but I'm using a personal hot spot from my phone and I haven't been disconnected once but as soon as I switch back to my home network. The disconnecting and slow speeds keep happening.

Sorry if this was the wrong section.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

right section.

how old is this router?  what you describe sounds like the beginning of the end of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users