Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphical Glitches, not Moniter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EB165

EB165

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:38 PM

My computer has been having this issue for over a month now, I took a screenshot of it using Print Screen, so it's not my monitor

Attached File  pastebin.jpg   35.36KB   0 downloads.

I'm thinking it's the video card but I'd like a second opinion before I replace anything.

Here's a link to the image OKWXMX1.jpg

Edited by EB165, 30 October 2016 - 05:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

It will be either the video card or RAM, by appearance I'd suspect more likely the card. If you are using a video card in a mainboard that also has onboard video, try removing the card and revert to the onboard video, see if the fault departs with the card.

Using either card or onboard video, you can check whether it's a RAM fault if the system has more than one DIMM. Swapping the locations of DIMMs will reveal if the effect is being created in system RAM, since a different DIMM will be being used for video tasks.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

That's a great illustration of video memory failure.  Related to a plug in card, for if it was the MOBO, it would beep itself off the desk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users