Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to upgrade my PC, need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Totallyruledup

Totallyruledup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

So i've had this PC for 2-3 years and really want to upgrade it for gaming purposes and have a budget of £500.

The current specs are 

Motherboard : Gigabyte ga-f2a55m-hd2

Power Supply: 500W

CPU: AMD A6-6400K with Radeon HD Graphics 3.90GHz (Duel core) 

On board graphics : AMD Radeon HD 8470D

RAM : 8GB 

Audio : AMD High Definition Audio Device

I'm looking to upgrade this to play games at least decently as at the moment it is really lacking in games that my friends are playing.

Any other details can be asked below,  

Thanks, Totallyruledup

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Power supply manufacturer and model?

I'd go with Athlon X4 760K/750K and better video card if PSU is good enough.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 30 October 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

What types of games are you playing? What resolutions and what settings are you playing at?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

So i've had this PC for 2-3 years and really want to upgrade it for gaming purposes and have a budget of £500.

The current specs are 

Motherboard : Gigabyte ga-f2a55m-hd2

Power Supply: 500W

CPU: AMD A6-6400K with Radeon HD Graphics 3.90GHz (Duel core) 

On board graphics : AMD Radeon HD 8470D

RAM : 8GB 

Audio : AMD High Definition Audio Device

I'm looking to upgrade this to play games at least decently as at the moment it is really lacking in games that my friends are playing.

Any other details can be asked below,  

Thanks, Totallyruledup

I guess it's all up to the games you would like to play, however with a 500£ budget you can do wonderful things if your target isn't excessive.

I'll try to speak generally until you'll provide some more infos on the games you play.

Assuming you will keep your FM2 mobo

CPU: a A10-6800K comes in easily for 100£ and it would be a great improvement.

At the same time you would get a HD 8670D as integrated GPU, which would be a great improvement from your current status aswell.

GPU: at this point, you would still have 400£. With this budget you can go in even for a GTX 1070 (around 370£).

I would prefer to spare some money and go for a GTX 1060 (200£) or if you prefer AMD, an RX 480.

RAM: you should upgrade to 16gb. It could easily be done by doubling your actual 8gb stick or by buying a brand new kit (8x2, or even 16x2 if you're willing to push on your budget a little bit further).

the biggest limitation here would be the FM2 socket, if you're willing to change the mobo you could make further improvement on the CPU side.

However it would already be an huge improvement from your current status, so i don't know if more is necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users