Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC /Scannow found several corrupt files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CodeBreaker91

CodeBreaker91

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

I had to do a SFC /Scannow command through an admin cmd prompt and it said that there were a few files that were corrupt and couldn't repair them. Is there anything I could do on my end that could repair these myself? What can I do?

Also, as to a completely unrelated issue (or it might not be, I'm not sure), I just purchased from steam a copy of Shadow Warrior 2. My specs say I have dx11 on my rig but when I run the program from the main launcher it gives me an error that says "Directx 11 device not found". Am I reading my dxdiag wrong and I currently DON'T have a dx11 compatible device or is it just something going wrong with the game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeBreaker91

CodeBreaker91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

bumpity

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

I can't answer the DirectX question.

When SFC fails to fix corrupt files the next step is DISM.  See the following:

Fixing “Weird Issues” under Windows 8 or Windows 10 Using the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management (DISM)

If you are having "weird problems" with any Windows system, the first thing you should do is to run the System File Checker (SFC).  Open a Command Prompt window using the "Run as Administrator" option.  The easiest way to do this is to hit the Windows Key, immediately enter the text “Command Prompt” and getting the Command Prompt desktop app returned as the first item.  Gain focus on it and bring up the context menu either via right click or hitting the menu/applications key [if your machine has one] or Shift+F10 if it does not then selecting “Run as administrator” from the context menu that appears.  Once that elevated command prompt window is opened, enter:

SFC /scannow

When it's finished look at its output to see if it found any corrupt files and whether it was able to fix them.

If SFC reports that it was unable to fix something, on Windows 8 and Windows 10 systems it's also worth running the following command, also in a Command Prompt window that's been opened with "Run as Adminstrator":

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM should be able to fix errors that SFC may not be able to fix.  If you wish to be really thorough, after running DISM, and presuming it reports that all has been fixed, shutdown and restart your machine and run SFC one final time.  The SFC result should be clean.  

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 CodeBreaker91

CodeBreaker91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

I did the DISM trick. But for some reason still I can't open the properties of any program, file or folder (doesn't matter where the file is located, properties simply won't pop up).

Also as I've stated before it seems like none of the programs I have are recognizing dx11. Games that require it keep giving me the "Dx11 device not found" error when in my DxDiag it says I have it.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Well, the next step is a Windows 10 Reset with the "Keep my files" option.  Or it is in my opinion.

Something's hosed here (duh) that appears to be outside the system files but in something they look at that neither SFC or DISM fixes.  

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users