Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia driver acting up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IllusionEclipse

IllusionEclipse

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

I've been having this problem for some time and have been trying to remedy it for quite some time now. I was hoping one of you fine fellows could help out.

After a update to the graphics card driver of my Geforce 840M sometime around june-ish, error messages would pop up from time to time saying:

"The 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 840M' device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged".

At times this would then either proceed to mess up my display or just do nothing.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver through Geforce Experience (the way i normally get my driver updates), uninstalling the driver and installing through a manual update from the Nvidia website (although the driver was from 2015, Nvidia has a horrible "archive") And I just decided to put up with it.

I've done scans of my laptop and checked the files and programs and I can't see anything that's interfering with the driver. (unless I've missed something...)

A relog of my user account normally fixes it, but I'd like to get this sorted if possible to never show up again.

I'm running windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop

If you need any more info, then I'll be happy to oblige.

Edited by IllusionEclipse, 30 October 2016 - 01:10 AM.

An illusion is as real as the person who sees it, but wouldn't that be an illusion in and of itself?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users