Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High DISK Usage on Win 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 codytsman

codytsman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hey all,

I have noticed on several machines that have been UPGRADED to Windows 10 that they are spiking disk usage to 100% or close to that. CPU and RAM are fine. Anyone have any ideas? This has happened on 3 machines that I have come across so far.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hey Codytsman , 

Depending on your computer and your unique setup, high disk usage can be attributed to many different reasons. 

However, I have found that many have found that Turning Off Windows10 "Tips and Notifications"  helps them. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

My program can help resolve high HDD usage it has for many people if you want to try my program visit below link.

SysPerf Wonders

Posted Image

#4 codytsman

codytsman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

Thanks guys! I have found that there are some incompatibility issues with some of the software on machines that were on previous versions of Windows (ie Win 7) and were upgraded to Win 10. These programs needed removed...

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Do you need any more assistants codytsman.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users