Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Headset Mic Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RacerBiscuit

RacerBiscuit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

I've been using a USB headset for the past 3 months. It's a Sades SA-902 model headset. 2 days ago, I went to use it on my primary desktop, and the microphone part of it wouldn't work. It registers in the recording section of the control panel, but it won't pick up audio, save for some static. The headphone part still works, and I've tested the headset on another computer and it still works. No one I know has even heard of the problem happening, so I've come here for help.

Before that, the power was accidentally cut to the computer when some electrical work was being done on a different circuit in the house. My theory is this has something to do with the problem, but it's pure speculation on my part.

I'm using a custom built PC using Windows 7 Ultimate

No one I know has even heard of such a problem, and no existing forum post I've searched for has the answers, so I've come here for help.

Thing's I've tried so far:

• ​Uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers related to USB or sound processing
  • Checking sound and the USB microphone settings from the control panel
  • System restore to a day before the power was cut to the computer
  • Plugging the headset into a different USB port
  • Performing a hard reset on the computer

Edited by RacerBiscuit, 29 October 2016 - 12:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RacerBiscuit

RacerBiscuit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

I solved the issue. When I tested the headset on my laptop, I forgot to disable the laptop's internal mic. This gave me the false impression that the headset was working nominally, when in fact it was not. The problem was some faulty wiring in the headset's volume controller.

Thank you to those of you who took time to try and figure out my problem, and I apologize for my incompetence in this issue.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

Feedback appreciated...glad you resolved it.

Happy computing :).

Louis

#4 CrazyZack

CrazyZack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

I have the same headphones and just wondering if you ever got them fixed or if you just bought some new ones. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users