Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1px lines around monitor border while gaming in fullscreen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ScarXL

ScarXL

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

This is a hard problem to explain and kinda weird.

So basically I got my new GPU a year ago, and since then, when I load up a game in full screen, there is a 1 pixel wide transparent layer that shows the background.

I don't know how to explain this. It's basically a see-through black border that's 1 px wide.

I've tried to adjust the scaling in the Nvidia Control Panel and it works, but each time I move my screen to cover up the border, a new border appears. It's like my screen doesn't fit anymore.

I tried making this illustration to show what exactly my problem is:

7352075de751428ba3d69e0e9e09f36e.jpg

I've taken a screenshot of the game Sm FoF, and I've showed with red lines where my issue is. So basically at those red lines there is no black cutscene border, and I can see behind it.

This is really annoying, when I snipe in GTA San Andreas, the border issue is there too and I can see through the black.

I've tried setting my Aspect Ratio to Full Screen in NVIDIA Control Panel, and resetting my monitor to factory default, didn't work. This happens on my native resolution (1366x768).

My GPU is NVidia GeForce GT610.

It's not the games that's the issue. Sometimes this happens on YouTube videos as well.

Sorry for the vague explanation but I can just not word this out and explain it. Hopefully you know what I mean. How do I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScarXL

ScarXL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:45 AM

Any help??

#3 HrcaA3000

HrcaA3000

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

Download latest drivers for your graphics card from http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Edited by HrcaA3000, 30 October 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#4 ScarXL

ScarXL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

I already did.

#5 HrcaA3000

HrcaA3000

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

Have you tried to connect your computer to another monitor or tv?

Edited by HrcaA3000, 30 October 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#6 ScarXL

ScarXL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, it's the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users