Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol email hacked ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 miocomp

miocomp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, I have been using my very old aol email account for years now , given it has the coolest address , so never thought of even changing it.

So, let me recount what happened just recently and hope to get some feedback if possible. Always had aol mail on my pc , opened the program and password and username always populated. Pressed signon and got into my emails. On 10/26/16, went to signon and got a "username or password" not recognized msg. Then tried thinking of my older passwords and new one just created a couple of months ago. None of them worked. I always make it point of selecting a same set of passwords for all my needs.

Then, contacted aol, this is where it got really annoying. Asked for anwser for security qst, easy one, and it did not match. Did not even know this qst was actually the one I choose. So in effect , can not get into my aol email, a rather important one , no security qst info is possible and aol will not help out.

Is it possible I was hacked?. A successful attempt to access my aol account settings and the info was changed along with the password so as to prevent me access to this account.

Does anyone know how to even try to get back into the aol account?. Is it possible at all?.

I have to say this is really annoying , as there are very important emails coming in there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users