Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor on a laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djim

djim

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hello, my laptop's screen broke so I bought a new Monitor.
The problem is that the monitor is pretty old (Acer X193HQ May 2009). 
Although I checked the monitor in my laptop when I bought it and was working fine. When I used my vga cable back home, by the time the windows logo appears then the monitor gives me a message that the cable is not connected.
When I run the windows in safe mode everything works perfect.
I tried to change the Display resolution to lower settings but nothing happened.
I am using Windows 7.
I tried to download Acer drivers but nothing happened.
Can someone please help me?
Thank you.

Hello, my laptop's screen broke so I bought a new Monitor.
The problem is that the monitor is pretty old (Acer X193HQ May 2009). 
Although I checked the monitor in my laptop when I bought it and was working fine. When I used my vga cable back home, by the time the windows logo appears then the monitor gives me a message that the cable is not connected.
When I run the windows in safe mode everything works perfect.
I tried to change the Display resolution to lower settings but nothing happened.
I am using Windows 7.
I tried to download Acer drivers but nothing happened.
Can someone please help me?
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.  Does your monitor have multiple inputs?  If so, try changing the source or input on the monitor.  It that resolves your issue there may be a menu option to select the correct input as the default.

#3 djim

djim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.  Does your monitor have multiple inputs?  If so, try changing the source or input on the monitor.  It that resolves your issue there may be a menu option to select the correct input as the default.

I just did,

helped!!!

Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users