Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange podcasts turned up on my brand new iphone 6S

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HairyApricot

HairyApricot

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

Yesterday I bought a new iPhone 6s. I wiped it and restored it from a backup of my old phone. Everything was fine with it. However, when I went into podcasts, their were 5 downloading. None of them were from my old phone. They were all religious in nature, one of them was japenese, and they seemed quite old. Only one of them seemed to be able to download. Every time I deleted them and went back into the app, they were there again. Any ideas why this happened? Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

When you say you bought a new iPhone 6s, do you mean it was a never used "new" iPhone 6s bought from Apple, a retailer (i.e. Best Buy) or a cell phone provider? Or was it a "new to you" iPhone 6s (i.e. refurbished or used)? I mainly asked because you said you wiped it...something that should not be needed if it is a new (as in brand spanking new from the factory and never been used) iPhone.

About the only thing that I can think was that it was a phone that was used and even after wiping it it somehow did not completely nuke all the old podcast downloads.

The only other thing that I can think of is that somehow those podcast where added to your account somehow (on another device or by someone else or you did somehow that you don't recall).

Beyond that, I don't have a good explanation other than a bug.

#3 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

Yeah it was brand new. I had to set it up and then wipe it as it had a problem restoring from a backup. What I don't understand is they were not on the old phone, so how did they end up this time around?

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:05 PM

Return it ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Return it ?

I don't see why I should, it was straight out of a closed box. This was not an issue with the phone. I wanted to know how this was possible, and assumed someone here would be able to tell me.

#6 cdbunch

cdbunch

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

What was the source of the SIM? Was that new or one you already had?

#7 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

The Sim was a brand new one that I had my old number swapped over to.

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

Yeah it was brand new. I had to set it up and then wipe it as it had a problem restoring from a backup. What I don't understand is they were not on the old phone, so how did they end up this time around?

I have no real solid idea how it happened, only the speculations from my previous post.

Best further suggestion that I can offer is to either make an appointment at an Apple Store (if you have one that is reasonably close by) and take it in and ask them OR call Apple and ask (you should have free support for 90 days after the purchase). They should be in a much better position to answer that question...I say "should" because front line support drones may not, but if they escalate it enough then someone might.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users