Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi There.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charmi

charmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi there I'm new here. My mom just got out of surgery today and I'm working on her (used to be mine) computer and it's WAY in need of repair. Anyway I was trying to remove some items from startup and it asked me to register then introduce myself so here I am!
Thank you!
Charmi
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

hi if you need help repairing your computer please post a log... :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:18 PM

Hmmm...only post a hijackthis log if you have a spyware issue. Otherwise the other forums may be more suitable.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to BC!
Before removing any items from your startup menu, be sure to use the BC Startup Database (tab at the top of any page); looking up the item will let you know whether it is necessary to keep, optional, or should be stopped. Naturally, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users