Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ABS91

ABS91

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

Ok, I really need help figuring something out. On my computer I run Windows XP. I also use Microsoft Internet Explorer as my web browser. In a website where I need to click a submit, enter, ok ect. button it doenst work. For example if I filled out a form and need to submit it there will be a submit button at the bottom of the page. On some buttons such as this whenever I click the said submit button nothing happens. The button stays the same I click multiple times but to no avail. Whenever my courser is over the button at the bottem left of the screen where the little Explorer E is it says Javascript and then some gibberish that usually when it says anything, says something about the page(looks like a wierd url). So these buttons dont work and I think it has something to do with javascript which I know very little about. I would appreciate any feedback about this problem and if there is a god someone will have a fix for it. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer ABS91 Posted Image
Can you can provide us with the exact error message you are getting?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

I was about to ask the same thing so while we wait for your reply try this long shot :

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message, click OK.

#4 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

Well, thats the the thing there is no error message the button is just unresponsive

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

it says Javascript and then some gibberish that usually when it says anything, says something about the page(looks like a wierd url).

This is the error message we need to see.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

java script:if(submitform())document.myform.submit();

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

The problem could be because script is blocked. Check to see what version of Java you have. The latest is 1.5 08. To check this go to control panel and double click on "coffee cup"/select general tab/ click on "about". If it needs upgrading go here:http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
and download the 08 for end users.
Go back to control panel and double click on "Internet Options"/ select "security"tab/click on "Default Level"/ click "Apply"/ click "OK"
Now select the "Advanced" tab/ scroll down to "Java Sun"/put a check in box next to "Use JRE l.5.0_08 (if this box was unchecked, you will have to restart computer after placing check) /click "Apply"/ click "OK"
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

I would suggest going to control panel and then add/remove programs and finding the java installations in there and remove all of them they will be something like = J2SE Java runtime environment ....

Just remove all of them starting with the most recent one to the oldest one. Reboot the computer as needed and once when done.

Next go to Java web site http://www.java.com and downlaod th elatest version it should end with 5.0 Update 8

When this is installed give your form a try and see what happens

#9 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

I cleared em both and updated, still doesnt work

#10 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

im about ready to do something drastic whatever i can do i would be willing this has made me insanely frustrated.

Mod Edit: Deleted unnecessary references to unrelated materials. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 August 2006 - 10:35 PM.

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:39 AM

Okay, the buttons for submit are not related to Java per se. I have Java disabled in my browser and it does not affect the submit buttons. What is involved is the JavaScript - which is somewhat different, and something is blocking the JavaScript or else you don't have them installed which is the less likely cause.

1) Do you have a firewall?

2) If so, which one and does it have privacy settings? The answer to these two questions will help us determine if the firewall is blocking the JavaScript.

3) Which browser are you using? The answer to this question will aid us in discovering what settings in the brower may be blocking the script.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:33 AM

Some of these forms can be tricky. It is possible that you left something out or entered an abbreviation incorrectly or whatever. I reread your first post and from that I got that you are able to sometime submit forms and sometimes not. Is that correct? If possible, give a site address where you have recently been unable to submit a form.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#13 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

Yes i have a firewall im using AOL safety and security center and yes i believe it has privacy settings. Im using regular microsoft internet explorer for my browser and here is a site where i cannot submit- https://billing.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=29&billing[process]=2

There is a gray submit button at the bottom of the page which is unresponisve.

#14 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

My mistake on this page there is a button that says Create New Account that doesnt work for some reason the address i gave left out the last part either way same problem

#15 ABS91

ABS91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

AOL safety and security center has a spot where I can allow certain IPs or ports but thats all I can find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users