Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 and "Large, Finned Water Dweller" games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lackwit

lackwit

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

I downloaded Win 10 in July, just before they wanted money for it. I almost immediately began having problems with games from  "Large Finned Water Dweller" locking up (for a short while up tp 20 minutes or so, at which time I lost patience and re-booted), going to blackscreen, turning off my computer, and starting in several different ways, by which I mean different colors, flashing neon green screen, different amounts of time before I could log in, and some other stuff which I can't remember.

An odd thing is that these problems were intermittent. Sometimes I'd have to restart many times a day, or it would run with no problems for a week, or I would have to reboot many times just to get it started and then it would be fine. And it wasn't always when I was playing games; lockups also happened when I was surfing my blogs.

I took it to my local computer shop - not a sales place, but local folks whose main business is fixing things. They could not find a single bit of malware beyond "a few little viruses." I got it home, and nothing was changed. I took it back, and they ran everything they could think of. (They may have initially mistaken me for someone naive about security.) They still came up with nothing.

Since I spend most of my time playing games I bought from the "Large Finned Water Dweller" - I've been a member to their club for 10 or 11 years, and own more than 900 of their games - we thought the problem might be there. Now they think it might be the interface. (Water & electronics don't mix?)

And I could swear the problems began when I was still running Win 8.1, on my laptop...

Does anyone know about problems with Windows x "Large Finned Water Dweller"? If so, is there a fix?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 29 October 2016 - 04:42 PM.
Moved from Win 10 Discussion to Win 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users