Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BSOD Vista defaults to blue screen in all F8 options

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vista1545

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and I'm having major problems. A few days ago I turned my computer on and it booted to the blue screen with the stop:f4 error followed by (0x...03) then 3 other strings of characters. Prior to this happening I've had no issues, I made no software or hardware changes and run malwarebytes frequently (that morning in fact) with no issues. I was up to date on all updates. I'm unable to boot into safe mode, from the command prompt or from my last successful boot. I ran the in depth diagnostics from the F12 screen and the only error was 2000 - 0147 which I realize is the cd/dvd drive however I have an external drive that I bought yesterday. No other error codes received. I tried re-setting to system defaults in the bios menu but when I reboot I still boot to blue screen F4 critical object termination error. I changed the BIOS boot order so that only the cd/dvd and USB drives would read with the original installation (recovery) disk in the external cd/dvd drive and I get a message that there's no bootable device. Please help any suggestions would be very appreciated thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users