Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image transfer Samsung (flip) mob to PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peterlonz

peterlonz

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

I am retired & use my several years old Samsung flip phone irregularly & for emergencies.

Little need for a Smart phone.

It happens to be also convenient to take quick pics, but since I updated to Win 10 (Anniversary Edn) I have not been able to use the cumbersome SW that came with the phone - "Samsing PC Studio 3" to shift the pics onto my PC for editing.

I have tried connecting by USB cable but that only results AFAIK in the phone charging.

It would appear I need working SW or an alternative method.

I searched & discovered that I might be able to transfer by email or Bluetooth.

My PC has wireless router connection capability though I have had no need to use it, my grandson does when he comes!

As for email, I don't know if the phone can send email wirelessly & anyway I can't seem to fathom how to enter an email address which involves a single underscore.

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 peterlonz

peterlonz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

As it happens eventually I managed to find a link (with great difficulty) whereby I could contact a real help person at Samsung.
The updated SW which I already had downloaded was not stand alone & not easy to use to set up.
However after allowing the help desk too take over my PC the issues were resolved.
Samsung should be ashamed that their SW is nigh unusable & that their help desk is so difficult to contact.
However to be fair the problem is now resolved.
I would have preferred a more elegant solution maybe similar to Neon Thomas's idea. 

Edited by Al1000, 24 May 2017 - 08:11 AM.
remove reference to banned spammer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users