Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 64 Bit - All Printing Disabled - 0x0000003d Print Queue is Full

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Unable to print using any printer no matter which driver we try. Have tried repairs, fixes, updates, reinstalls, etc.

The problem is a bug issued by a Microsoft patch but my version of Windows already has the updates installed that are supposed to fix this bug.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3107306/microsoft-windows/microsoft-admits-to-distributing-windows-printing-bugs-in-kb-3177725-and-kb-3176493.html

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3176493

Tried these fixes, tried chkdsk /f /r, tried dsim, tried a bunch of other fixes.

Nothing is working. My main work computer for my business is crippled and cannot print.

What needs to happen to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

Just to confirm, you have done the following

Stopped the Print Spooler Service

Deleted all files in Windows/System32/spool/Printers folder

Started the Print Spooler Service

#3 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yes. Sure have.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

Uninstall your printer driver. 

Go to Devices and Printers and select the Microsoft XPS printer. In the menu bar select Printer Server Properties. Under the Drivers tab remove all entries of your printer. 

Reinstall your printer driver.

#5 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

What if the XPS Printer doesn't appear in the Devices and Printers?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

Click on any device in Devices and Printers will give you the menu bar with Printer Server Properties unless this has changed for Windows 10.

#7 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:57 PM

Only device I can select is my laptops listing. Then the buttons to Add a Device, Add a Printer, Browse Files, and Eject are shown in the bar along the top of the window.

No XPS Printer.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

The only way I can think of doing this is to download a PDF printer. This will allow you to print to a PDF file from any application. This will show in Devices and Printers after install. You can download the free version here. Halfway done the page you will see the Community Edition. You will need an internet connection as it will download some ghostscript files required for the PDF printer. Once installed you can open Devices and Printers, click on it, and see Server Properties.

#9 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

So your thought is I try to print the PDF file I create with a PDF printer? I don't understand what the goal is here.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:28 PM

The goal is to have a printer you can click and have the Server Properties Option show up. Or you can reinstall your printer driver if have already done so. Click on your printer and select Printer Server Properties. Remove your Printer Drivers. Uninstall the Printer Driver software in Control Panel. Reinstall your printer. What happens is even after removing printer drivers through control panel the printer drivers still are located in the drivers folder. Deleting through Server Properties insures all drivers are removed.

Edit: You may need to stop the Printer Spooler service when removing the drivers in Printer Server Properties.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 October 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#11 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:44 PM

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I'm going through the drivers in the Printer Server window now. There are a lot. I will report back once they're all uninstalled and once I have any printer related software uninstalled from the computer.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Only delete the ones for printers you no longer have and the one you are trying to print from.

Edit: I will be gone until tomorrow morning. Hopefully removing your drivers helps. Good Luck.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 October 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#13 NuckingFutz

NuckingFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

Some of the printers listed show as not being able to be deleted because they are in use. I tried stopping the Spooler and that made them all unavailable to edit at all.

Ok thanks.

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

The XPS document printer should have been installed by default. I think the easiest way to approach it is to reinstall the XPS printer. The below link shows how to add the XPS printer. The main title is how to remove but further down the page are the steps to add the XPS document printer. Once you have added the XPS document printer and it shows in Devices and Printers click on it and verify you have Print Server Properties listed. Once you have verified then uninstall your printer software in Control Panel and then remove the drivers in Print Server Properties.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-remove-xps-document-writer-in-windows-10/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users