I’ve been experiencing a very strange problem.
I can be working on my computer for a few minutes or a few hours, and then when I left-click my mouse to open a file, or to save a game, or to do just about anything, my computer immediately turns itself off…by which I mean it completely shuts down, and I must turn off the main power supply switch, wait 20 minutes or more, turn the switch back on, and then turn on my front-panel power-on button to restart my computer.
This problem is happening more and more frequently and is starting to cost me a lot of time…and I’m simply clueless.
Does anybody have any idea why left-clicking a mouse to have a computer perform a task (like saving a file) would cause the computer to immediately shut down and power itself off?
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- Dual-boot Windows XP Professional 64-bit (with Service Pack 3) and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (with Service Pack 1);
- Asus Motherboard P9X79-E WS;
- Intel i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz;
- Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler;
- 4 x CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800);
- Mushkin MKNSSDRE1TB Reactor 1TB SATA III 6Gb SSD;
- Crucial M550 1TB SSD;
- Crucial M500 480GB SSD;
- MSI RX480 8GB GDDR5 Gaming X Twin Frozr VI graphics card;
- SeaSonic X-1050 ( SS-1050XM2 ) 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready;
- Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case
- Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX