Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPad Air 2 google chrome address not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jjinx

jjinx

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

I've been having issues with my iPad or possibly my internet connection. A couple site I go to to pay cc bills (Amazon, Walmart...), I've been getting dns address could not be found. Ive had the same issue from my android phone on amazon but my laptop goes to the site just fine so I'm not sure where the problem is. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. On iPad google chrome it says dns address not found. On iPad safari it says server cannot be found. Also, some websites get redirected and I cannot view them. Is it possible I have a virus? I've backed up and reset my iPad. I've reset modem. I've cleared browsing history, cache, cookies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

Is the iPad Air 2 jailbroken?

Which version of iOS are you running?

Have you tried the iPad (and Android phone) at other locations (such as a friend's house or a local restaurant that offers WiFi)? On your Android phone, does the problem happen on both your WiFi AND on your cellular data service?

Is it possible I have a virus?

A virus (a specific type of malware)? No. There is essentially no such thing as virus on an unjailbroken iOS device due to the way that Apple has iOS designed.

Is it possible that you have been "hacked" or has some sort of malware type attack? Yes. Is it likely. No. Generally speaking, the only avenues that I have heard that a unjailbroken iOS device can effectively be hacked is if you click on a link in a text message from someone you do not know or maybe go to a hacked website. In other words, it is extremely unlikely. Plus, there is the fact the your Android phone seems to be having the same issue, which tends to suggest some other issue.

I've backed up and reset my iPad. I've reset modem. I've cleared browsing history, cache, cookies.

How did you reset your iPad? Did you do it in the Settings app on the iOS device? If so, which option did you select? Or did you do it through iTunes with the iPad connected to the computer running iTunes?

#3 Hollysolly

Hollysolly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

Is the iPad Air 2 jailbroken?

Which version of iOS are you running?

Have you tried the iPad (and Android phone) at other locations (such as a friend's house or a local restaurant that offers WiFi)? On your Android phone, does the problem happen on both your WiFi AND on your cellular data service?

Is it possible I have a virus?

A virus (a specific type of malware)? No. There is essentially no such thing as virus on an unjailbroken iOS device due to the way that Apple has iOS designed.

Is it possible that you have been "hacked" or has some sort of malware type attack? Yes. Is it likely. No. Generally speaking, the only avenues that I have heard that a unjailbroken iOS device can effectively be hacked is if you click on a link in a text message from someone you do not know or maybe go to a hacked website. In other words, it is extremely unlikely. Plus, there is the fact the your Android phone seems to be having the same issue, which tends to suggest some other issue.

I've backed up and reset my iPad. I've reset modem. I've cleared browsing history, cache, cookies.

How did you reset your iPad? Did you do it in the Settings app on the iOS device? If so, which option did you select? Or did you do it through iTunes with the iPad connected to the computer running iTunes?

Edited by Hollysolly, 18 June 2017 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users