Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cracked LED screen for Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sneak1

Sneak1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

So I was on the phone on how to activate my new router (one of the many problems today) and didn't noticed I damaged my laptop screen when I had it on the floor.I don't know how it happened but I was juggling with stuff and must have grabbed the screen hard when I almost dropped it.Didn't noticed it until I went into the room and saw the ugly damaged screen.I thought my lappy was damaged from being left out .I hooked up an external monitor and everything seems fine.Anyone can help me in finding a replacement and how much they go for?I want to replace it myself but don't know how to dismantle this laptop.I guess I need the exact model.Where do I look for that?I still have the box for when I bought it.Here is the model HP Pavilion g6-1d60us Notebook PC.The display on the box says: 15.6" Diagonal HD BrightView LED Display.I looked around and found this one which also is for models with a webcam which mine has.

https://www.amazon.com/598706-001-15-6-inch-BrightView-display-assembly/dp/B00BJOJ142

I've attached pics.Looks like the LED screen is cracked  as the outside doesn't feel damaged so the screen must have been damaged with pressure being put on it.I can see the damage when I turn it off.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Google is your friend !

You should find the make and model on a label somewhere on the underside of your laptop. Then google 'make and model' + 'replacement screen'. This should find you a host of suppliers of different reputations and prices. The data you have off the box should be good enough. As a very rough guide - if they still support for spares - HP's price will be the highest and some second hand screen on Ebay will be the cheapest.

Then go to Google's other branch, YouTube, and enter 'make and model' + 'replace screen'. You will almost certainly find a video on how to do the job and what is involved. You may need to enter 'teardown' instead. A teardown video will certainly show you how to change the screen but you will get a fair bit of extra information as well !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users