The BCCode: 124 error is usually a hardware problem (although it can also be caused by compatibility issues or low-level driver problems.
Here's my canned speech for this sort of error:
Out of X memory dumps there were X different BSOD (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case. Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).
Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
More info on this error here: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000124
For a more detailed analysis, Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.
NOTE: On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete. Please be patient and let it run.
If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link): https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities.
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.