Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Disable Keyboard Power Button

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

I've just discovered a strange problem.  While my PC was off, I was cleaning my keyboard when all of a sudden, my PC turned on.  At first I thought that I accidentally bumped into the power button on my PC, but what actually happened is that I pressed the power button on my keyboard.

After searching the net and following instructions on how to disable this feature, I've been unable to find out how to stop this from happening.  I'm running Windows 8.1 and sleep & hybernate mode are disabled. 

Does anyone know which setting to change to disable the keyboard power button?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:40 AM

It would be helpful if you post the make and model of this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Ted Striker

Ted Striker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:50 PM

I think I need to take a closer look at my advanced BIOS settings to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

My PC is custom built.  I assume you want to know which motherboard and chip is in it.

ASUS H97M-E/CSM Socket 1150 Intel H97 Chipset
Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,821 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

See this thread. Look in Device Manager for HID compliant controller and disable it by right clicking. Do not uninstall

#5 Ted Striker

Ted Striker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

See this thread. Look in Device Manager for HID compliant controller and disable it by right clicking. Do not uninstall

Thanks.  I'll take a look tomorrow. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users