Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spotify/Media Button Notifications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce10189

applesauce10189

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

I use spotify to listen to music, and I play games.

I frequently use the media buttons to pause, play, restart and skip songs.

Yesterday, it was perfectly fine.

Today, it's still fine, minus one key annoyance I wish wasn't there.

Every time I use the media buttons now, there's this pop up in the top left corner of my screen, displaying current system volume and current song playing.

This fundamentally bothers me both with how long it stays up and the amount of space it takes up.

Followed by the general fact I don't care for such information in the first place.

A0ddwF7.png

I've searched all throughout my spotify settings and saw no mention of any such notifications, and I looked through the win10 settings and couldn't find it there either, although win10 settings has a lot more ground to cover. I also did a quick search online, and found nothing relevant.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

Everything I've read is you can't do anything within the Windows settings except change slider color or duration.

However in my research I did find someone who was as annoyed or more so than you. To the point that they coded a tool. I have no idea if it works or how safe the tool is. Just a discovery I've seen mentioned a few places.

Take a look for yourself and see if it addresses your issues.

http://wordpress.venturi.de/?p=1#more-1

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 applesauce10189

applesauce10189
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

It worked.

I love you.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know, and glad to hear it worked for you. Thank you for the kind words on behalf of the BleepingComputer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users