Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Fits All Content Filter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

I recently came across this by accident when I was looking for security software for Linux and I think this is brilliant. What I am talking about is Home Internet Security From OpenDNS which is now part of Cisco. You have the option of three packages here with the first two being completely free. I currently use OpenDNS Home where you have to register but after that it's still completely free.

Moreover please note that this is not an Anti-virus or Anti-malware program. Once configured which is actually quite easy to do this package will block numerous unwanted web content, provide you with built in fraud and phishing protection and thus protecting your identity, and much more.

What's more is that this will work on any system or computing device you use whether it be Windows, Linux, Android, Apple or whatever; handy if you don't want to much around for a while with the terminal in Linux or install any filtering software on Windows.

I seriously recommend checking this utility out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users