Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New ASUS laptop no longer responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Africa1900

Africa1900

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Specs:

Asus X540LA, Intel Core i3, 1 TB HDD, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, 64-bit.

I have had this brand new notebook for about 4 days and it was slow out of the box, but I uninstalled bloatware and it seemed to be passable. However, it just keeps getting worse. File Explorer stopped responding at all, even when restarted with Task Manager. Then, the computer will not respond to any commands. It will show that I clicked on something like Spotify, but will not open it. It does not show any signs that it is attempting to pull it up. It won't even pull up Task Manager. Last but not least, it will not power down or restart. It stays on and looks fine...I can move the mouse and click on things but it won't do anything. My hard drive has some 800 GB (at least) free and I cannot seem to find any viruses, etc. I am even having to type this on a much older computer. I would really appreciate any help!  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Africa1900

Africa1900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

Never mind, I got some help. I rebooted in Safe Mode and  and disabled Windows Update via the Services tab (or in the run box type services.msc) Apparently my computer was trying to pull up all of the Microsoft Updates at once and freezing my computer. Thanks to Dr. Bob at PCTechBytes my computer is responding and fairly quickly. Although, I think I am going to have to upgrade the RAM for it to be nice and fast. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users