Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Wireless Adapters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IvorMills

IvorMills

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

I have two computers at my workstation both wired to the modem and I decided to change to wireless connections. I purchased two identical usb dongles and connected the first to the WinXP machine which worked fine. I connected the second to my WIN7 machine but get the error message 'Windows was unable to connect to..........'. I downloaded the latest drivers from the manufactures web site and I have swapped the dongles and both are working. I think this maybe a WIN7 problem, I have tried all I can think of, but I cannot resolve it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

Did you disconnect the dongle fro the Win 7 machine before you installed the drivers ?  Usually you start the software installation and then half way through you get a screen saying 'Connect the dongle' and then the installation completes. Also, you said you downloaded the latest drivers. Were these for Win 10 or for Win 7 ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users