Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Graphics Card or PSU error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gauloises

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:02 AM

Hey folks,

Long time lurker here at BC, I am sadly now forced to make an account and ask for advice regarding my computer

Essentially over the last few days I have encountered some pretty serious issues regarding my computer freezing and displaying bizarre artifacts or pixel bleeds. Included is a photo of what I see when this occurs.

This happened when I play a game and occasionally when I watch a video. Now however it seems to just happen randomly and even on start up.

Could this be a Mobo issue? Or is it more likely a GPU death. I've even been told it could be a psu error.

My temps are normal.

Specs as followed:

i7 2600k cpu
Gtx 580 gpu
8gb vengeance ram
Sabertooth p67 mobo
Hiper psu (supposedly 815w, more likely half that)

Oh and Windows 10 with latest drivers

Edited by Gauloises, 25 October 2016 - 06:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Looks like a failing graphics card to me.

#3 technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hi, Gauloises, Welcome to BC!

Could you install download Speccy and post a snapshot of your system hardware? Speccy

After starting Speccy let it gather information, when finished go to file and publish a snapshot. Post that link here in your thread.

#4 Gauloises

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users