Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu 16.10 - Have a Yakkety Yak

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:11 AM

Well, I have to plead guilty. After reporting here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406036/cheesemakers-linux-corner/?p=4102941  9 days ago on the release of the 16.10 series ... I had to go and install a Yak.

Not one, but two - one in the study and one in the garage.

And I have successfully got the networking/folder sharing via ssh up & running, so that they can have a  ... yakkety yak.

The two I have put in place so far are both with the MATE desktop, because I quite like Ubuntu MATE since its (proper) introduction two years ago.

I could have read the Release Notes when I was running the Ubiquity Installer, but didn't, you may wish to if you are trying it. Else you can find them here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseNotes

If I were to be picky about them, I would query the line which reads

Ubuntu Desktop LibreOffice 5.2 has been updated to 5.2. Ubuntu now uses the GTK3 version by default.

5.2 to 5.2????

In fact, it is from 5.1.x available currently under Xenial Xerus to 5.2.2 in the Yak.

But I haven't noticed any differences yet, maybe you will?

I quite like some of the new wallpapers, one of which features below.

And yes, I also know it is only supported until July 2017 with Security Updates and the like.

So if you wish to try the Yak, here is the place to tell us what you think.

I haven't greatly explored it yet, so

JPjeQRP.png

I am only a cat's whisker ahead of you, perhaps?

:wizardball: Wizard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users