Hi all, I am new here and hope that someone can help me out with this. I am looking for ways to find hidden information in both Word and PDF files. These files did not originate on my computer. They were sent to me. I have a Mac operating Microsoft Word 11, and Adobe Acrobat Pro....for example
- original creation date (whenever I look in the Finder, the creation date is the date it was saved by me!)
- original author (or even originating IP address or any info on who, where, when the document was created)
- any other 'hidden' data, such as objects, additional spaces, white text etc.
Here is what I have tried so far...it might be all that there is, but thought I'd check with the expert community..
- Microsoft Word - properties, user information, track changes, opening document in TextEdit (apparently PC users have Document Inspector in their Word software, this would be great, but Mac doesn't have it)
- PDF - all info available under properties, had a play with "preflight", but don't really understand it
Essentially I am concerned that the documents have not been written by the person who says they wrote them, but I need to be able to find evidence of this. Any help would be appreciated!