Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Note 7?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Z123Killer

Z123Killer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

Anyone have pictures of their Note 7? Mine burned but I didn't have any proof of purchase or anything because it was a gift and they said at least send us some pictures, so if anyone has some picture they want to share that are not on Google images please send them to me if you can.

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:31 PM

Why not just take some pictures of yours?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

Why not just take some pictures of yours?

At the time I didn't know what to do and I just poured water on the phone to stop the fire and threw the phone in the trash. Then I contacted Samsung and they took ages to reply, and so the trash was already picked up and I couldn't retrieve the phone.

Edited by Z123Killer, 24 October 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,478 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:42 PM

Well really, you'd need to tell them that and see if they're prepared to accept it. Pictures of a phone won't be proof of anything about your phone.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

Well really, you'd need to tell them that and see if they're prepared to accept it. Pictures of a phone won't be proof of anything about your phone.

I already told them, the problem at the beginning was that I didn't have proof of purchase because it was a gift and so they said just to send some pictures and see what they could do. So I am looking for pictures from people so I can maybe try to get my case resolved 

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

Though I get your plight, what you are asking for may be illegal. I would just be honest and try to work out some other method.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

Get the proof of purchase from the original purchaser.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

Get a copy of your registration of the device to the carrier you used. It will have the IMEI and serial number. You won't need a photo. If you don't have that. A random photo isn't going to help you.

Other than that, go back to the person/persons who gave the device to you as a gift. Get the receipt or copy of the credit card bill. As has been suggested.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Though I get your plight, what you are asking for may be illegal. I would just be honest and try to work out some other method.

I understand you but they don't want to help so figured to show the pictures so they could believe me

#10 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

Get a copy of your registration of the device to the carrier you used. It will have the IMEI and serial number. You won't need a photo. If you don't have that. A random photo isn't going to help you.

Other than that, go back to the person/persons who gave the device to you as a gift. Get the receipt or copy of the credit card bill. As has been suggested

Asked the person who bought it to get me a receipt but he bought it Craigslist.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

... they said at least send us some pictures...

You could also be honest and say you do not have pictures. You could offer to provide statements from witnesses who saw your Note 7 before and/or after it burned.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#12 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

... they said at least send us some pictures...

You could also be honest and say you do not have pictures. You could offer to provide statements from witnesses who saw your Note 7 before and/or after it burned.

I did but they said I had to at least provide pictures if I don't have any other proof 

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,100 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

So let me get this straight, Your brand new $800+ still under warranty Note 7 catches fire and you throw it in the trash?

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users