Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complete noob

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rbaker24

rbaker24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

I'm a complete noob when it comes to pc gaming. Never done it but is strongly considering getting into it because console gaming just isn't enough anymore. I would like to start with something cheap that could run games like cs go or h1z1 but I have no idea what to buy. Can anyone help a guy out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eskabahh

Eskabahh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

Well, your best bet is going to be to build a PC. Back in the day, this was a massive, expensive chore. Now, almost everything is pretty much plug and play. I'm sure the users here could really help, but if you'd like a dedicated place for this, I highly recommend checking out Reddit's BuildAPC sub. Look at some of the suggested builds, especially some of the budget ones. When you're up to it, feel free to post your budget, what games you'd like to play, etc. and I'm sure they can help you out. They even have a beginners guide.

Others will disagree, but I would recommend avoiding pre-built and gaming laptops, as you're usually getting a hell of a lot less performance for a hell of a lot more money. You can build a really powerful machine for around $300-600 (that would easily play CS:GO, not sure about H1 as that's in alpha(?)), and that's leaving room to upgrade later if you'd like. 

Here's a nifty acronym-list for PC gaming on the Overclocking forums. Some of the biggest differences between console and PC gaming are the flexibility PC gaming gives (peripherals, not paying for online subscription service, free games, modding/customization, fan-made-patches, etc.) but with that comes some of the issues with PC gaming (price, bugs, errors, technical know-how). I personally think the tradeoff is entirely worth it, and minus a few exclusive titles on consoles, I have never looked back after switching to PC gaming.

Finally, I'm brand-new to this forum, so I'm not sure that I'm giving you the reply you'd be optimally looking for. I hope some more users can chime in and help you out. If you have any questions, lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users