Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

64bit program in 32bit computer & o.s.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

The feeling is that "no", but here asking regardless:

Will a 64bit application program be installable and runnable on a 32bit computer and operating system(Windows)?

I found a link to a 64bit program to download and install, and on the webpage, system requirements say compatable with 64bit and 32bit Windows o.s. including Vista.  When looking at the next page with the download button, only it said  "64-bit".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

No, you cannot run a 64bit program on a 32bit OS. 

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

Will a 64bit application program be installable and runnable on a 32bit computer and operating system(Windows)?

I found a link to a 64bit program to download and install, and on the webpage, system requirements say compatable with 64bit and 32bit Windows o.s. including Vista.  When looking at the next page with the download button, only it said  "64-bit".

Perhaps you say what's the program's name ? Where is a website?
Why I ask? I know only very few programs, wich works on 64-bit machines only.

#4 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

Perhaps you say what's the program's name ? Where is a website?
Why I ask? I know only very few programs, wich works on 64-bit machines only.

I will trust that my feeling and the first response are correct.  But the program is the free edition of Paragon Backup and Recovery.  There is 64-bit version but I cannot find any clear evidence of any such 32-bit version or edition available   (The machine under consideration,  WindowsVista, 32-bit).

Edited by cafejose, 24 October 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

You can download v16 for a limited time for free.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/brh/features.html

Click the red download button. There is a link under the blue box 64bit version for the 32bit version. Note the instructions on how to obtain the free serial.

Edit: You need Windows 7 SP1 or later.

Edit: I am pretty sure this is the free version for 32bit that supports versions prior to Windows 7

http://www.filehorse.com/download-paragon-backup-recovery-32/

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 October 2016 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users