Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Computer behaving wierd\unable to install new software.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jpatt

Jpatt

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:21 AM

Hi. I think I may have a Virus on my computer or some corrupted files. It is behavingly very sluggishly and has started logging me in to a temporary profile, my desktop is different, even though I still sign in to my administrator account at startup. In addition to this, whenever I try to install new software, at the end of the installation I am greeted with an error 1450 saying it couldn't write to a registry "insuficient system resources exist).

I ran malwarebytes with a full scan and it did pick up around 70 objects and PUP's which i removed. But it is still logging me in on the temporary profile, and not allowing installs.

Please help!

(EDIT - I am running windows 7 64 bit intel corei7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20ghz  2.20GHz, 16GB ram)

Edited by hamluis, 24 October 2016 - 05:09 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hi,

My first step would be here:- https://kb.uwplatt.edu/page.php?id=33215 let me know if the instructions are clear.

Thanks

Steve

#3 Jpatt

Jpatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

Hi Steve. 

I have followed the instructions.. I had already tried that and everytime I rename the profile in Regedit by removing the .bak and changing the other one, it still logs me into a temp profile... I then followed the further instructions. I tried to run a chkdsk and sfc from command prompt at startup but it wouldnt let me.. When i tried sfc it said "Cannot run because a repair is scheduled, restart first" and then when I tried to run Chkdsk it said cannot run because "volume is locked" or something.

I then followed the further instructions to delete the profile to make a new one. I deleted it and followed the instructions and now it still just logs me into the temp profile and now my main profile is gone. 

Please help.

Edited by Jpatt, 24 October 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#4 Jpatt

Jpatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

Its stressing me out so much I decided to just reinstall windows, but due to the problem, I cant effing install the windows USB tool to make a copy of my OS. Also cant download an ISO of windows 7 from the microsoft site because my version came "preinstalled on my machine" so that apparently makes me not allowed to download it. 

This sucks so bad, please help me.

#5 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:19 AM

Hi,

You should be able to download it from here:- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7 do you still have your CD key?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users