Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About to reinstall Windows 10 then use system image. Will this solve anything?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

My computer has some problems, I can't open this game (Elsword) that my other computer can.

All my drivers are up to date and I don't know what's wrong.

I think I will reinstall Windows 10, then use system image to get back everything I had. Would this solve the problem of the game not being able to open?

Will there be any difference? Or no, because I used system image?

Does system image also reverts Windows 10 back to the original (cannot open game) version?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Installing Windows 10 and then recovering a system image would serve no purpose. The system image would overwrite your Windows install and you would be back to your original problem of not being able to run elsword. 

Is the other computer that runs the program find also Windows 10?

#3 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:45 PM

Installing Windows 10 and then recovering a system image would serve no purpose. The system image would overwrite your Windows install and you would be back to your original problem of not being able to run elsword. 

Is the other computer that runs the program find also Windows 10?

No it is Windows 7.

But when I first built this Windows 10 desktop, I was able to run Elsword perfectly fine.

Then after some BSOD's occured, I had to reinstall Windows 10. Then Elsword was VERY laggy, then another BSOD occured. And I reinstall Windows 10 again..

Now Elsword shows me a black screen for a split second and then just crashes without saying error or anything.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

Download UBCD. Burn the iso to disk by right clicking the file and selecting Burn Disk Image. You will need to disable SecureBoot in order for the disk to boot or if you have a boot menu you can access at boot select legacy or CSM boot. These setting may be in your UEFI/BIOS.

Once booted select Memory and do a Memory test with Memtest+86. Run it for at least 6 passes and preferably overnight. If the memory passes then test your hard drive. Boot UBCD and at the menu screen select Parted Magic. At the Parted Magic desktop click on Disk Health. Run the short and long tests.

Make sure your graphic card driver is up to date. You may want to uninstall and redownload  the Elsword program again. 

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

What is UBCD?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

Click on my link. It's a bootable CD with multiple diagnostic programs. UBCD is short for Ultimate Boot CD.

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Thanks. You could have mentioned "link below" or mentioned the name instead of just UBCD. The way it was described left no connection, but I do appreciate your reply.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sorry, I should have been clearer when describing UBCD and what it was. I should have also linked to UBCD instead of providing the link at the end of the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users