Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VBRS

VBRS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

· Windows 10
· x64
· Windows 10
· OEM
· 6 months
· 6 months

· i5-6200U
· Intel HD 520

· Acer
· F5-573T-56UT

· Laptop

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

Did you buy and install new memory for this laptop?

#3 VBRS

VBRS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:44 AM

Did you buy and install new memory for this laptop?

No.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:31 AM

There isn't enough information in the dump file to analyze. You should head to Acer website and enter in the serial numbers of your laptop and see if there is any newer bios & driver updates. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  in most cases that will solve the problem. You could try contacting Acer themselves.

I asked if you have upgraded memory as I noticed you have 12GB total memory. That being a 4Gb and 8GB. I thought it would be worth noting that bank 0 (4gb) is showing that it's interleaved. Meaning it has adjusted it's timing to match. When different sizes of memory modules are used it is normal for the system to adjust. There is nothing wrong with that. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is causing a problem. You could check this further by removing one or the other module leaving one in bank 0 to see if the BSOD's keeps happening.

1. Other things to try is memtest86. Creating a boot disk and running a check on the memory for errors. Do at least 2-3 passes. Memtest86

2. You could also try different methods in checking for corrupt files and repair them...

Go to start right-click open cmd (admin) enter commands:

CHKDSK C: /F /R (Let it schedule the task and then reboot)

SFC /Scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

3. If nothing else works, then it would probably be best to do a clean install. To do that you create iso and burn it to cd or usb using MSFT's tool. Located Here...https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Use the first drop down arrow option on the page. Read and follow the steps carefully. You're using Windows 10 Home. It will ask you that as it walks you through the steps to creating a image to burn.

Note: In order to boot from a cd or usb flash drive, you might need to turn off the UEFI safeboot feature in the BIOS and enable legacy boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users