Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MEkid

MEkid

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hello, I have a Windows 7 PC and I would like to use dual monitors. But it's not working. Please ask me questions for me.

Thank you. MEkid

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 23 October 2016 - 04:53 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MEkid

MEkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

One monitor is using DVI thru the GTX 960, the other through the VGA and motherboard.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

the other through the VGA and motherboard.

This will not work on some motherboards which turn the onboard video off when a video card is detected. Does the video card only have a single output? What is the system being used (brand and model, or mainboard model if generic)?

If the specific system or mainboard is not known, publishing a Speccy report will help us to do some research:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792
Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

That video card will have multiple output for video (depending which one you gotten).

First which model did you have specifically?

if you don't know. Then it most like should have both HDMI and display port output on the video card. Some versions have dual DVI while some just have one.

Either way, you need to have a secondary monitor with HDMI output and use a HDMI cable to connect the two but it depends which model of card you have and also what secondary monitor you have at the moment.

As per Platypus, you can't use the onboard motherboard video output with the card, the onboard is usually always disabled as soon as the card is installed.

#5 MEkid

MEkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4LYK2vsQVfGaQkR3vTF6pbr

the other through the VGA and motherboard.

This will not work on some motherboards which turn the onboard video off when a video card is detected. Does the video card only have a single output? What is the system being used (brand and model, or mainboard model if generic)?

If the specific system or mainboard is not known, publishing a Speccy report will help us to do some research:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792

#6 MEkid

MEkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

My brother tried BIOS, but to no avail.

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

The onboard video is not functional. That is a Crossfire mainboard, and AFAIK the way to use both the onboard video and a card is to have an ATI Crossfire compatible video card and enable Crossfire as per Chapter 5 of the User Manual:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A88M/HelpDesk_Manual/

I believe since nVidia cards aren't Crossfire compatible, you'll need to use the video card outputs for multiple monitors.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users